Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Pict exceeds 6,000 Copies; Update on Jerusalem Falls

In February, The Pict exceeded 6,000 copies sold. I have also made The Pict available through the Kindle Owners' Lending Library, where Amazon Prime members can borrow it for free. The Lending Library is a nice innovation, and a great addition to the benefits of Amazon Prime membership.

I want to thank those who agreed to read a limited preview of Jerusalem Falls and provide me with their feedback. I'm very pleased with the results, and I'm excited to be moving from editing and into the publishing phase. The publishing process will take several weeks. Once it's complete, I'll announce the final release of Jerusalem Falls here. I'll also post the first three chapters to my website for anyone who would like a preview before purchasing it. I feel comfortable now making the guarantee that if you liked The Pict, you're going to love Jerusalem Falls.

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to finally announcing the release of Jerusalem Falls.

2 comments:

Jack Durish said...

Congratulations on the sales. Would you be willing to share your secret? How you did it?

Jack Dixon said...

Thank you, Jack.

I'm not really sure how to account for The Pict's relative success. I'm probably the biggest critic of my own writing, so it's always a pleasant surprise for me when people like it.

You've done a nice job with your web site. Have you had readers contact you through it? Whenever readers contact me, I encourage them to post online reviews. I think online reviews are the single biggest contributor to a book's success.

Do you embed search terms in your site's headers? Search terms make it more likely that your book will come up when people search for related subject matter. It also helps if you share web site links with other writers in your genre. That lends search engine credibility, and therefore search hits, to your web site. I'll add a link to your site from mine as soon as I can.

Have you been able to connect with other writers? I think that has helped me a great deal, as it gives me ideas and helps me spread the word.

I've joined a lot of book forums, and talked about my book whenever it felt appropriate.

Do you have an author page at Amazon's Author Central? I didn't see one for you. I'm not sure how much it helps, but it can't hurt.

I also created a Facebook page for The Pict. I was skeptical at first, but readers do look for that these days, if they like your book. I'm pleasantly surprised by its popularity. I set up another for Jerusalem Falls, but I don't expect that to draw much interest until after I've published.

I don't use Twitter, but others have said it has helped them a great deal. I don't post nearly often enough; aside from writing, I'm a man of few words, so it's hard for me to post often enough to hold anyone's attention.

Your book looks like it's right up my alley. You got at least one sale just by posting your comment. :)

Best of luck, Jack. I welcome your thoughts.