Monday, February 23, 2009

Working the Web Site

I'm reworking my website (http://www.jdixon.net/). I've had to switch web hosting companies, and I found what appears to be a good, solid web host. The problem is that their free online web development tool really sucks, so I'm teaching myself GoLive CS2 in the process. Nothing like diving into the deep end to learn how to swim.
I'll be building a second site, too, called Ridley Park Books (http://www.ridleyparkbooks.com/). I'll be publishing my second novel completely independently. It's a bold new venture - my favorite kind. I'll also help other authors who are interested in truly self-publishing rather than going with an "assisted self-publishing" company, to publish their work.
Things still look good for a Fall 2009 release of Novel Number Two, and then early Spring 2010 for the expanded version of The Pict. I'm most looking forward to the expanded Pict, as it's the story that's closest to my heart, and there's so much more to tell than I was able to get into the first release.
It seems someone beat me to the title for Number Two, the working title I've had at the head of the mauscript for about seven years. The Templar, by Paul Doherty, was published in April 2008. I haven't read it yet, but I'm looking forward to that when I have the time. Fair play to you, Paul! I wish you good fortune on your Templar series. Ah, well...this is the sort of thing that keeps us creative, now, isn't it, trying to come up with yet one more title that's just right for the story? Have to come up with something catchy for Number Two.

2 comments:

K.A. Denby said...

Jack! You're back. Awesome to see you kicking up some dust around this place. I'm trying to finish my book, and I hope to self publish as well. My sister is a newspaper editor, so once she is done editing I will be ready to start the publishing process. I am also in the process of submitting short stories to digest. What can I say? I am a whore at this point. I need to get some of my work out there.

Come by and check me out on my blog some time. I'm still there, occasionally writing about the frivolities of life.

Jack Dixon said...

Hey, Chris! Good to hear from you, my friend. Yes, things are getting better. Getting back on solid ground and picking up steam on the writing and on the self-publishing front. I set up my publisher account with Lightning Source, so I can publish my books directly using my own ISBNs. I should realistically publish Novel Number Two later this year, and possibly the expanded Pict early next year. I'll also re-release the original Pict sometime this year, independently.

I'll be happy to help you any way I can with your work. You're right - it's important to get your stuff out there. Let me know where it is if you want me to link to it from my site. I'd be happy to do that.

Gonna go check out your blog now. Happy Saint Patty's day!